Enable with a Label
Smart Labelling and Identification Solutions
- First established in the United Kingdom 2001
- We are one of the world’s largest independent manufacturers of Labelling, Identification Solutions and Ancillary Products.
- We have operational offices complete with production and warehousing facilities in the UK, USA and Australia in addition to authorised agents in Singapore, Spain and the Middle East.
- Through our years of growth we have consistently instituted development and innovation to our company and products, resulting in added value to major projects.
We service a broad range of industry sectors, including but not limited to:
Oil & Gas – Renewable Energy – Power – Mining – Construction – Petrochemical – Infrastructure (Tunnels)
We have supplied products and solutions to all four corners of the world, from Siberia to Saudi Arabia to The Falklands. A sample of valued projects we have had involvement with include:
Khazzan – Cameron LNG – Ichthys (Inpex) – Wheatstone/Gorgon – CCLNG – TCO – Gladstone – Sadara - RHIP – Heathrow – West Nile Delta – Sakhalin – Peru LNG – Total Port Arthur – West Burton Nuclear
ISO 9001:2015 – ISO 14001:2015 – EIC – FPAL Registered – RISQS – Chamber of Commerce
- Flexible Cable Markers & Heat Shrink Tubing. LSOH and LUL (London Underground approved) with a 25 year life span.
- Stainless Steel Cable Markers. Smooth edges a key feature to safe manual handling.
- Laser Engraved Permanent Labels . UV Resistant, Fire Rated flexible laminate and Stainless Steel.
- On site printing systems – DOT-FCM/DOT shrink, DOT card, DOT-LEM40 laser engraver.
- Cable Ties – Nylon and Stainless Steel.
- Stainless Steel Cable Straps and Cushion Sleeves – As an alternative to utilising cable cleats.
- Process Pipework Labelling – Integrated with readable codes.
- Underground Cable Protection Covers and Warning Tape.
- Concrete Cable Protection Covers, Posts and Marker Blocks.
- Safety Signage
Labelling Production Tailored for your Needs
- Facilities in UK, USA, Australia and Singapore
- Specified by Petrofac, Fluor, KBR, Bechtel, Rio Tinto, BP, Chevron, WestConnex, Inpex
- Preferred by Zachry, MMR, Tekfen, CCC and others
- Facilities in yards include – Keppel, COSCO, Flour COOEC, McDermott
- Bulk production by DOTgroup International , supported with “top ups” on site
What Makes Us Different?
- We have extensive experience in managing multi-touchpoint complex projects. We visit the site and accordingly communicate with the Owners, EPCs and Sub-contractors for optimal outcomes.
- Our global footprint enables us to effectively cover and support multiple projects worldwide at all stages and at every level.
- Should production be preferred to be carried out ‘on site’ utilising our DOT group machines. We will implement all setup and training on site. Our documented training program ensures that the operators acquire the skills to optimise the systems and machines output whilst maintaining reliability.
- Our commitment is to add value by working cooperatively to fully understand the desired outcome you wish to achieve, and to deliver the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
- Technical assistance and advice is available from early specification stage, during construction and through to the operational phase.
The Importance of Labelling and Identification
- There is a requirement for a label on every piece of equipment.
- At the end
- By sub-contractors
- Traditionally badly managed
- They are relatively low value
Linking Your Asset to Your Data
- We will create the Labelling Specifications – see sample below.
- We work with your IT team to integrate your data into the identification process to save you time and money and improve data knowledge and compliance.
- Our DOTlabel software will automatically add a 2D barcode which can be simply read either through a phone, a tablet, or with a reader in hazardous areas.
- We link your asset to your data.
- We are the only company offering this solution on industrial labels to owners and EPCs and we have a track record of successful delivery.
- Having a readable 2D Barcode adds NO COST to the base labels
Digitalization of the Process
As an additional option we can offer a full digitalization package, including the capability of:
- API to draw your data from the ‘source of truth’
- A fully configurable platform to manage inspections or commissioning
- Customizable templates can be created for specific tasks
- Templates linked to a GPS enabled reader to carry out the inspections/commissioning
- Data fed back to the platform and then into the original source
- Fully permission based with alerts
- Equipped with a change log to show who did what and when
- Pre-defined related drop-down questions/answers – to drive conformity of data capture
- Ability to upload photos of faults – and annotate these
- Fully removes manual input onto paper
- Consistent formatted data capture.
- Immediate alerts of faults and granular details about those faults.
- Manual data capture vs instant digital – 3 hours wasted per day inputting data.
- Assets can be labelled before arriving at site or at receipt point to simplify identification.
- Knowing what is where – and when. Ability to alter construction schedules. Accurate confirmation of quantities produced/delivered. Less need for contingency.
- Kitting – The supply of label packs for each area or equipment type, together with required installation accessories (cable ties for cable tags) saves time & money on site.
- Identify assets and locations accurately and quickly. You can confirm exactly when an item has been checked.
- Faulty Equipment can be identified quickly – saving time and money.
- Drive compliance by removing excuses. Clearly record and report that assets have been checked at the correct time. You know who has checked what and when. A physical label is in the line of sight – compared to a RFID.
Based on a typical project with 40,000 assets (electrical equipment), an operational lifetime of 20 years and a team of 5 engineers carrying out detailed and visual inspections at a rate of £50/hour
Each engineer will inspect 10 assets a day on average – 5 engineers = 50 assets a day
40,000 assets/50 = 800 days total work
Each engineer wastes 3 hours per day inputting the inspection data manually
800 days x 3 hours x 5 engineers = 12,000 hours
12,000 hours x £50 = £600,000
Initial build + 20 years lifetime = 21 inspections
21 x £600,000
Savings created by having a readable code = £12,600,000 ($24M AUD)
…And the labels are still the same cost!
DOTgroup International will work with you to scope, plan and deliver a full implementation program.Labels
- Specify product range
- Agree Commercials
- Define production plans
- Contingency and back-up
- Define purchase process
- Define material requirement timings
- Define reporting structure
- Post-construction/Operations local support
- If the full digitalization solution is required, we will fully scope out the client’s requirements and evaluate existing systems. Functionality will be tested with a pilot before implementation.
How do we make sure it works?
- We have done it before and have a proven track record
- It’s cost effective and works
- The benefits are obvious